Unfortunately Microsoft Email servers still to this day send emails out in the proprietary TNEF format (We see this as a plain text email with a winmail.dat attachment). The Lookout (fix version) add-on decodes this attachment so you may open the attached files.
I've just published the V1.3.00 for the Thunderbird plugin Lookout (fix Version). I have done a fair amount of work on quality of life changes to make it a bit more user friendly.
Have a look at my previous post on how I took up the maintenance of this very useful plugin if you want to know more about the history of the project.
New in version 1.3.00
- Attachment drag and drop support
- Optionally remove winmail.dat file when finished processing. This is in options and defaults to true
- Fix attachment pane opening and closing, respects inbuilt Thunderbird preferences
- Ignore blank VCF files to minimize clutter
- Highlight event invitations - To be expanded to full lightning integration
Note: There are future plans to replace the plain text with the attached HTML file (body_part_0.html) that newer exchange servers include in the winmail.dat file.